1. He is totally good and honest and easy to talk to and get along with.
2. He can successfully place an NG tube in Boo's nose, among the many other things that he has learned to do with Boo (things that lots of dads never even have to think about!)
3. He trusts in God and helps me to do the same. His faith is amazing and he always has been able to get me out of my doubts and fears.
4. He trusts me and encourages me to "follow my heart"
5. He knows what kinds of things I like and he makes the effort to give them to me (ie. a hot bath with a good book, time to go running after he gets home from work, Milky Ways, etc). Basically, he encourages me to take time for myself and do things that I like to do and he watches Boo while I do my thing!
6. He loves Boo and he gives him rides on his Boppy (which Boo LOVES)
7. He does 4am feedings and changes poopy diapers willingly, without any complaints ever!
8. In spite of the fact that I sometimes get after him about things, he NEVER gets after me about anything. And he takes all my issues in stride, never taking offence and always trying to make me feel good.
9. He likes my made-up songs and silliness, even in the middle of the night when I am totally ridiculous in my sleep!
10. Although he is definitely smarter than me in many ways, he takes time to explain things to me, talks to me about things that are sometimes over my head, and even listens to and values my thoughts and opinions!
11. He will drop anything to help me out when I need it (and I have needed it sometimes, LET me tell you!...) He would also drop anything to help anyone else in need...I have seen him do it time and again.
12. He leads with love in our home, NEVER with harshness.
13. He has incredible taste in movies and other forms of entertainment! (ie. "Happiest Millionaire", "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," etc...never seen anything like this stuff!)
OK, that was 13...but that is not even all!! I can think of lots more reasons that I love my sweet husband, some of which I would not write on a public blog. Suffice it to say that I think I have one of the very most amazing men in the world as a spouse and I am SO glad that we got married, even after all we have been through in this short year-and-three-months...ESPECIALLY after all we have been through! I have the sweetest little son too, and I couldn't ask for anything more than the wonderful family that I have been blessed with.
The Merry Month of March
1 month ago